Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sponsorship

So those of you who are blog regulars may notice some new ads gracing the sidebars of my posts now.  Yes, I have monetized.  As I believe I've mentioned, we are having financially challenging time in our lives and I figured every little bit counts.  Blogger said they they automatically match your blog to sponsors that they believe will appeal to your readers.  Today is the first day I had the opportunity to check out my sponsors and I have to say that I like them.  In fact, if I were allowed to click on my own advertisements (I'm not), I would definitely want to check out the daily bible reading and stuff.  Let me know how it is if any of you do.

God has been talking to me about sponsorship this week too.  We have been working together on my financial anxieties for quite some time now.  I feel that the continued need for me to learn a lesson in this area is one of the major contributing factors to our financial hardships stretching on and on, seemingly ad infinitum.  He's just not going to give up on me until I get it.  Until I really, truly stop trying to take care of things in my own strength, trusting in my own and this world's provision, and learn to lean on Him.

We had a great weekend last weekend.  On Friday night and Saturday, we went to my hometown's homecoming festivities and had an awesome time with old friends.  We had such a good time, in fact, that it made my husband and me really want to move to my hometown.  Although I had had a couple great days, instead of gratitude I began to feel the rumblings of discontent.  We can't afford to move, even though we have a great opportunity for a house in the area.  It seems unfair.  As I began to feel my happiness from a great day ebbing away, I decided to go to God instead of losing my gratitude and my joy.

He made something really clear to me:  that He is my sponsor.  He was the sponsor of  that day and He was going to be the sponsor of tomorrow.  He provides for me each and every day, everything I need and beyond.  I had a great day.  I was able to afford to do the things I had done that day because He had provided the resources.  On top of that, He had provided the company of great friends.  I didn't need to worry about what was going to happen down the road.  He would provide what I needed, when I needed it.  I should really just enjoy the day.

I heard Him and I listened.  I had a great Saturday evening with friends from church, laughing and lifting each other up.  I had a great Sunday too.  We went to church, Life Group, a birthday party and a evening celebration complete with Baby Boy's esteemed "jumpy houses."  Another day filled with friends and fellowship and even some free food.  It was an awesome weekend.

I like God as my sponsor.  Just like the advertisers on my blog, He is tuned in to the content on my "page."  He knows my needs without me having to speak them.  He will never drop me; He will always be faithful.  It makes a huge difference to wake up in the morning and, instead of thinking of all the things I need to get done, the bills that need to be paid, the needs that have to be met, I can say to myself:  "This Day Has Been Brought To You By God."  I can go forward in joy, not having to know the big picture, just being satisfied with the gift of a fully sponsored present.

No comments:

Post a Comment